History of Marriage/Relationship
To assist us in advising you, we ask that you write a detailed history of the marriage/relationship covering the following aspects:
- The financial contribution you made directly or indirectly to the acquisition, conservation or improvement of any of the property of the parties, regardless of whether you still hold the assets.
- The contribution (other than financial contribution) that you made directly or indirectly to the acquisition, conservation or improvement of any of the properties of the parties, including property that you may not now hold.
- The contribution that you have made to the welfare of the family, including any contribution made in the capacity of homemaker or parent. In this category, you would set out what household work you did and what you have done for the children in relation to their care, entertainment and support.
- A commentary of your state of health during the marriage and since.
- Any income, property and financial resources that you may have.
- What you envisage as your future standard of living and where and how you intend to reside or hope to reside.
- How the duration of the marriage has affected your earning capacity if you consider that it has done so.
- Any other fact or circumstances which you consider relevant to the history and future of the family.
You might like to use this form to assist you in compiling this information.